FatalScape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Runescape should be!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebclient

How To Make A Decent Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Giliam
Head-Owner
Giliam

How To Make A Decent Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: How To Make A Decent Tutorial   How To Make A Decent Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Introduction

In this tutorial I will explain how YOU can make a desent tutorial.

Part 1

When making a tutorial it's Always important to first spell things correctly and use the right words.
This helps people understand and makes it look better in the end.
Also make sure you explain everything your talking about so you don't leave them wondering how to do something.

Space things out, don't put everything into one big block of words, people don't like reading that.
Also it helps to space things that differ from what your talking about.
Say your talking about one thing then go onto another, don't put that all in one paragraph, but space it out.

Coloring is also a good way to organize a guide, along with font size.
Using colors and changing font sizes for new sections and headings such as what I've done helps show that this is something new and also makes your tutorial look better.

Part 2

Using pictures in your tutorials helps to show the readers where something is that your talking about, and helps define and explain things better.

In most tutorial you will want to use pictures to show people where what your talking about is and help them understand.
Some tutorials may not need pictures but it always helps to add them, cant hurt you.

You can easily take Screen Shots and upload them to add them to your guide.
Good sites to upload pictures are:

Image Shack
Photobucket
Tiny Pic

Part 3

Now that you know the basics there's only one thing left.
What do I make a guide about?

The best things to make guides about are things people often question and don't understand how to do or where to go to do it.
Usually you will know what to make guides about but this is just to tell the people who have trouble.

NOTE

When making a guide it's best to use your own information.
Don't copy thing from other people without their permission or giving them credit.

Conclusion

I hope this advice helps you in making future guides.
All credit goes to myself

If you would like this outline here is the code, simply copy it and edit it to how you like.

Code:
[center]
[b][size=18][color=blue][u]Introduction[/u][/color][/size][/b]

In this tutorial I will explain how YOU can make a desent tutorial.

[b][size=18][color=red]Part 1[/color][/size][/b]

When making a tutorial it's Always important to first spell things correctly and use the right words.
This helps people understand and makes it look better in the end.
Also make sure you explain everything your talking about so you don't leave them wondering how to do something.

Space things out, don't put everything into one big block of words, people don't like reading that.
Also it helps to space things that differ from what your talking about.
Say your talking about one thing then go onto another, don't put that all in one paragraph, but space it out.

Coloring is also a good way to organize a guide, along with font size.
Using colors and changing font sizes for new sections and headings such as what I've done helps show that this is something new and also makes your tutorial look better.

[b][size=18][color=red]Part 2[/color][/size][/b]

Using pictures in your tutorials helps to show the readers where something is that your talking about, and helps define and explain things better.

In most tutorial you will want to use pictures to show people where what your talking about is and help them understand.
Some tutorials may not need pictures but it always helps to add them, cant hurt you.

You can easily take Screen Shots and upload them to add them to your guide.
Good sites to upload pictures are:

[url=http://imageshack.us][color=cyan][u]Image Shack[/u][/color][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com][color=cyan][u]Photobucket[/u][/color][/url]
[url=http://tinypic.com][color=cyan][u]Tiny Pic[/u][/color][/url]

[b][size=18][color=red]Part 3[/color][/size][/b]

Now that you know the basics there's only one thing left.
What do I make a guide about?

The best things to make guides about are things people often question and don't understand how to do or where to go to do it.
Usually you will know what to make guides about but this is just to tell the people who have trouble.

[b][size=18][color=red]NOTE[/color][/size][/b]

When making a guide it's best to use your own information.
Don't copy thing from other people without their permission or giving them credit.

[b][size=18][color=red]Conclusion[/color][/size][/b]

I hope this advice helps you in making future guides.
All credit goes to myself

If you would like this outline here is the code, simply copy it and edit it to how you like.

[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://fatal-scape.com

How To Make A Decent Tutorial
Page 1 of 1